Sign up now! Iron Man Magazine presents The Bodybuilding.com Model Search, brought to you by BodySpace! Don’t miss your chance to win!
You can now submit your application to enter this online contest right here (see official entry form below.)
Logistics Tips For This Contest:
* There is a forum thread for this contest.
* If you have multiple accounts here on Bodybuilding.com, only one registration will be accepted.
* Required: Please post your 3-6 photos on your BodySpace profiles in the “Progress Photos” section. Please also post your video on your BodySpace profile in the “Videos Of Me” section.
Official Entry Form
Please either create a free account, or login first. If you feel this is in error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Terms And Conditions – Updated 10/20/2008
Iron Man Magazine’s Cover Model Competition, presented by Bodybuilding.com and Bodyspace, is an online contest open to men and women around the world who think they have what it takes to be chosen to appear on a future cover of Iron Man Magazine.
Visitors to the Bodybuilding.com website will vote for their favorite male and female entrants in a series of single elimination rounds. The final round of the Competition will feature the top five (5) male vote getters and the top five (5) female vote getters and will be held on January 24, 2009 at the Los Angeles Fitness Expo in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, California and webcast live around the world on Bodybuilding.com (the “Competition”).
Iron Man Magazine, located at 1701 Ives Avenue, Oxnard, California 93033 (the “Promoter”).
Bodybuilding.com and Bodyspace (the “Sponsors”).
The Competition is open to men and women from around the world, 18 years of age or older as of the date of their entry, without limitation as to the total number of entrants. All entrants must complete an Entry Form on the Bodybuilding.com website (the “Website”), and post their Required Photographs and Video Footage (“Entrant”).
Employees, representatives and agents of the Promoter, Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their advertising and production companies and any family member or person domiciled with any of the foregoing, are not eligible to participate. All federal, state and local laws and regulations of the United States apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in ineligibility of Entrant.
5. Judging Criteria:
Visitors to the Bodybuilding.com website are encouraged to vote for the male and female Entrants who, in their opinion, display the most aesthetic physiques and attractive faces, making them worthy of appearing on the cover of Iron Man Magazine. Entrants receiving the most online votes in each of the preliminary rounds will move on to the next round. There will be exactly 5 men and 5 women chosen per month to advance to the next round.
During the final round, votes from visitors to the Website will count for 50% of the scoring and votes from a panel of judges comprised of representatives of Promoter and Sponsors and celebrities from the fitness industry (“the Judges”) will count for the other 50%. The Judges will evaluate each Finalist based on his or her overall body condition (20%), symmetry (20%), femininity for the women or masculinity for the men (20%), photogenic qualities (20%), and live audience reaction (20%). The decision of the Judges shall be final and binding in all respects relating to the Competition.
One (1) male winner and one (1) female winner will be selected from the ten (10) Finalists to (a) appear on a future cover of Iron Man Magazine, (b) appear in a feature article about the Competition in Iron Man Magazine, (c) appear in a national advertising campaign for Bodybuilding.com, (d) present an award at the 2009 Iron Man Pro Bodybuilding Contest, and (e) receive airfare and hotel expenses to both the 2009 Arnold Expo in Columbus, Ohio and the 2009 Olympia Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada, where they will appear as spokespersons for Iron Man Magazine and Bodybuilding.com.
Iron Man Magazine Iron Man Magazine
+ Click Image To Enlarge.
Be On The Cover Of Iron Man Magazine!
7. How To Enter:
To enter, follow the links at www.Bodybuilding.com to the official entry form. After completing the form and agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations posted there Once an applicant’s Entry has been received and processed, they will be able to upload up to six (6) recent and different photographs of themselves in poses that best highlight their face and physique, (the “Required Photographs”) using the instructions provided.
Except as otherwise permitted herein, only one entry per person will be accepted; all subsequent entries will be disregarded. No altered photographs, photographs taken prior to April 20, 2008, or photographs containing more than one person, will be eligible. Any Required Photographs that, in the sole discretion of the Promoters, are considered to be pornographic, vulgar or obscene, or appear to have been digitally altered, will be rejected.
False, deceptive or incomplete entries or other information provided by Entrants throughout the Competition (including but not limited to responses to questionnaires) shall render the entry ineligible. The Entrant may submit their Entry Form, Entry Fee and Required Photographs using the above procedures anytime during the period October 20, 2008 until November 14, 2008, 5:00 PM West Coast time (the “Entry Period”); late entries shall be ineligible. Date of entry during the Entry Period will not affect chances of winning the Competition.
8. How To Submit Photos & Videos:
All photos must be in JPEG format approximately 800 x 600 pixels and up to 250 KB file size. Please be sure to retain the original photographs, as Finalists will be required to submit the Required Photographs in greater resolution. The Promoters reserve the right to contact a person who has entered the Competition (an “Entrant”) to request resubmission of one or more of the Required Photographs and/or to request that the Entrant submit additional photos, if in Promoters’ sole discretion, there are problems with the Entrant’s initial submission of such Required Photographs, or if there are other questions or problems with such entry.
While Entrants may have assistance in entering data and uploading the photos, each Entrant must otherwise complete the entry forms his or herself. Any entries submitted by anyone other than the person appearing in the Required Photographs (including but not limited to entries submitted by modeling agencies) will be rejected. As set forth in greater detail below, submission of photographs, and entry in the Competition constitutes consent to use the Required Photographs in Iron Man Magazine and on the Website, and/or associated or otherwise affiliated web sites.
o You must provide at least 3 photos, but no more than 6 photos to be entered into the contest.
o The photos must have been taken within the past 6 months.
o Images must be submitted in JPEG format, approximately 800×600 pixels and 250 KB file size.
o Hold on to the prints or high-resolution versions of your photos and keep them handy, because we’ll require them if you’re chosen as one of the top-10 finalists.
o To increase your chances of success, mix up your photos with body shots and head shots.
o Any images that include nudity will be rejected.
o Photos must not be retouched or contain text or any special effects including copyright notices (please see next bullet point).
o The entrant must own the copyright to the photos or the entrant will be required to have the copyright owner (a professional photographer, for example) complete a Copyright Release. We will tell you how to get a Copyright Release if you need one. Also, the copyright owner will not receive payment from Iron Man Magazine or Bodybuilding.com, and we will not provide any sort of byline or photographer recognition.
o You must provide at least 1 video to be entered into the contest.
o The video footage must have been taken within the past 6 months.
o Videos must be submitted via YouTube and added to your BodySpace profile.
o Hold on to the video tapes or high-resolution versions of your videos and keep them handy, because we’ll require them if you’re chosen as one of the top-10 finalists. If requested, video tapes must be delivered in one of the following formats: MiniDV, HDV, VHS, BetaCam, or DVcam.
o The entrant must own the copyright to the video or the entrant will be required to have the copyright owner (a professional videographer, for example) complete a Copyright Release. We will tell you how to get a Copyright Release if you need one. Also, the copyright owner will not receive payment from Iron Man Magazine or Bodybuilding.com, and we will not provide any sort of byline or videographer recognition.
o Any videos that contain nudity will be rejected.
Opening Round Voting: Commencing on or about November 17, 2008 and concluding on or about November 28, 2008 at times to be specified by the Promoters (the “Opening Round Voting Period “) visitors to the Web Site will have an opportunity to vote for their favorites among the posted Entrants. Voters may vote for only one (1) of the posted Entrants per day, but may vote each day during the Opening Round Voting Period.
At the conclusion of the Opening Round Voting Period, the Promoters shall tally all online votes cast for all Entrants and determine, in their sole discretion, the number of Entrants qualifying for the subsequent round (“Second Round”). Voting for an entrant is accomplished by visiting their BodySpace profile. Only unique profile visits will be considered during the duration of the contest.
Second Round Voting: Commencing on or about November 29, 2008 and concluding on or about December 21, 2008 at times to be specified by the Promoters (the “Second Round Voting Period”) visitors to the Web Site will have an opportunity to vote for their favorites among the remaining posted Entrants. Voters may vote for only one (1) of the posted Entrants per day, but may vote each day during the Second Round Voting Period.
At the conclusion of the Second Round Voting Period, the Promoters shall tally all online votes cast for all Entrants and determine, in their sole discretion, the number of Entrants qualifying for the subsequent round (“Third Round”).
Third Round Voting: Commencing on or about December 22, 2008 and concluding on or about January 9, 2009 at times to be specified by the Promoters (the “Third Round Voting Period”) visitors to the Web Site will have an opportunity to vote for their favorites among the remaining posted Entrants. Voters may vote for only one (1) of the posted Entrants per day, but may vote each day during the Third Round Voting Period.
At the conclusion of the Third Round Voting Period, the Promoters shall tally all online votes cast for all Entrants and determine, in their sole discretion, the five (5) male Entrants and five (5) female Entrants with the highest number of online votes (“Potential Finalists”) that qualify for the subsequent round (“Final Round”).
Potential Finalists will be contacted via e-mail or telephone. Potential Finalists must respond to such contact within forty-eight (48) hours (or such longer period as shall be determined within the sole discretion of the Promoter), confirming that they will be able to attend The Los Angeles Fitness Expo on January 24, 2009 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Any Finalist who does not respond, or who is unable to attend the Competition, will be disqualified, and another Finalist may be chosen.
Potential Finalists may also be required to return additional documentation, affidavits or releases as may be required by the Promoter, and if such documentation is not received by the designated date or if the documentation submitted is deemed to be, in the Promoter’s sole determination, incomplete, erroneous or misleading, such Potential Finalist will be ineligible to participate in the remainder of the Competition.
The ten (10) Potential Finalists who respond in a timely manner and who indicate that they will be able to attend to the Competition will be eligible to become Finalists.
Finalists may be required to submit the Required Photographs in a different format, including but not limited to a high-resolution JPEG file or photographic print, or, at the sole discretion of the Promoter, may be required to submit additional photographs. Any Finalist who is unable to submit photographs that, in the sole discretion of the Promoter, are suitable for publication on the Website shall be disqualified.
Finalists may be required to submit additional videotapes (the “Additional Videotape”) of themselves answering questions or otherwise performing tasks in accordance with the request of the Promoter. Only the Finalist should appear in the Additional Videotape. Finalists may also be required to:
(i) respond to additional questionnaires;
(ii) submit to an interview via telephone or otherwise; and/or
(iii) submit other additional materials or information, at the discretion of the Promoter. The return of the above referenced materials and other cooperation with the Promoter within the allotted time shall be the sole responsibility of the Finalist; the Promoter is not responsible for delays in delivery.
Failure to comply with these requirements, or inability to contact the Finalists at the e-mail address and/or telephone number provided for more than five (5) days, will result in ineligibility of Finalist.
Final Round Voting: Commencing on or about January 19, 2009 and concluding on January 24, 2009 at the end of the Final Round of the Competition being held at the Los Angeles Fitness Expo, exact time of which to be specified by the Promoter (the “Final Round Voting Period”) visitors to the Web Site will have an opportunity to vote for their favorites among the ten (10) Finalists.
Voters may vote for any of the posted Finalists only once per day, but may vote each day during the Final Round Voting Period. At the conclusion of the Final Round Voting Period, the Promoter shall tally all online votes cast for all Finalists, add them to the scores awarded by the Judges and determine the male and female Finalists with the highest combined scores (“the Winners”).
In the event that a Winner is determined to be ineligible or withdraws from the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner.
In the event that any Entrant is determined to be ineligible or withdraws from the Competition after the conclusion of any round of voting, they will be disqualified and their photos will be removed, and the Promoter shall have the right, but not the obligation, to substitute the Entrant that received the next highest amount of online votes during the previous round of voting to replace such person.
Taxes, insurance, personal expenses, gratuities, incidental charges or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Travel expenses to and from the Competition are not paid as part of any of the prizes.
No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Promoter due to the unavailability of prizes for any reason, including but not limited to cancellation, scheduling conflicts or force majeure. Any remaining components of the prize will be awarded and the Promoter’s obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
The Competition is governed by the laws of the State of California. By entering, entrants/winners agree:
(a) to release the Promoter and its agents from all liability, loss or damage arising out of or relating to the participation of entrants/winners in the Competition, including with respect to their acceptance and use/misuse of the prizes;
(b) to be bound by these Official Rules;
(c) that the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on all matters relating to the Competition; and
(d) to the use of their names, personal information and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide (including the internet) without additional compensation, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. All winners will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form for the actual value of their prize. No responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority. All winners must submit an Affidavit of Eligibility / Release of Liability / Prize Acceptance Form immediately upon being chosen.
If any prize or affidavit or release is returned to Promoter as undeliverable or if Promoter does not receive a response from any winner within seven (7) business days of attempted notification, such winner may be disqualified and such prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Noncompliance with these Official Rules shall result in disqualification and award of prizes to an alternate winner.
By accepting prizes, winners consent that Promoter may use the winner’s name, image (including but not limited to photographs, videos and other likenesses), biographical information and statements concerning the Competition, without compensation in connection with advertising, promotion and merchandising, and winners irrevocably grant the right to edit or modify and to publish and copyright the foregoing.
By accepting prizes, winners agree to hold Promoter, Sponsors and their managers, employees, agents, licensees, successors and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of any and all prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in the Competition. By participating in the Competition, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the Competition results are final in all respects.
By participating in the Competition, entrants agree to hold Promoter, Sponsors and their managers, employees, agents, licensees, successors and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of such participation. Entrant is responsible for all online charges incurred by entrant’s internet service provider. Promoter and Sponsors do not make any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
11. Personal Information:
Any personal information that the winner or participants submit in connection with the Competition will be collected and used by the Promoter and its authorized agents to administer the Competition and to award prizes. Participant’s personal information may also be used to send additional information about Promoter, Sponsors, their affiliates and licensees, and each of their respective products and programs via electronic and ordinary mail. Except as set forth herein, a participant’s personal information will not be used for any other purpose and will not be shared with anyone else unless required by law.
12. Release Of Liability & Accident Waiver:
In consideration of the acceptance of my application and the permission to participate in Iron Man Magazine’s Bodybuilding.com Model Search Competition brought to you by BodySpace (“Competition”), and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are herby acknowledged, I hereby take action for myself, me executors, administrators, agents, representatives, spouse, children, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns and acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I am voluntarily participating in the Competition.
2. I am not a minor.
3. I am of sound mind and body, have sufficiently trained for participation in the competition and have not been advised otherwise by qualified medical person.
4. I possess all rights and faculties necessary to execute, deliver and perform this agreement.
5. I certify that I meet all eligibility requirements as set forth in the official rules, which I have read, understand, and agree to.
6. I certify that all photographs and videotape I submit for the competition will depict only me, will not be altered in any manner whatsoever, will be owned by me and not require the consent of any other third party rights holder.
7. I am fully aware and assume the risk of illness, accidents, injury, death, personal injury, bodily harm, emotional stress, psychological harm, property damage and all dangers potentially arising from or in connection with my involvement or participation in the competition (“Hazards”).
8. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during the competition.
9. I hereby irrevocably grant the Released Parties, the perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicenseable, transferable right, license and privilege to: (i) photograph, film and otherwise make audio and visual records of me and my voice, image and appearance at the Competition (“Recordings”), (ii) quote or paraphrase all of a portion of any statements that I may make before, during or after the Competition (“Statements”), (iii) publish, display and otherwise use my name, image, likeness, voice and biographical data (“Image”); and (iv) publish, exhibit, distribute, transmit, advertise, promote, commercially exploit and otherwise use any of the Recordings, Statements and/or Image in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised.
10. I hereby irrevocably waive, release, discharge and hold Iron Man Magazine, Bodybuilding, National Fitness Productions, the Los Angeles Convention Center and their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, licensees, sponsors, successors, and assigns (“Released Parties”) harmless from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, costs, damages, demands and expenses (including but not limited to attorney fees) arising from or in connection with any and all Hazards, whether occurring on or off the premises where the Competition takes place and whether caused by the active or passive negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise, and all uses of the Recordings, Statements, and/or Image, including but not limited to any claims based on the right of privacy, the right of publicity, copyright, trademark, or any other right or privilege.
11. I acknowledge that this Release of Liability and Accident Waiver shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
12. I understand that nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate the Released Parties to photograph or otherwise reproduce my voice, appearance or name, or to make use of any of the rights granted herein.
13. I represent and warrant that I have carefully read this Agreement, understand its contents including and assumption of the risk of the negligence of the Released Parties and a waiver and release of the liability of the Released Parties.
14. Furthermore, I acknowledge and agree that the Released Parties are relying on this Agreement in allowing me to participate in the Competition and that this agreement constitutes my sold and entire understanding of the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements, promises, proposals, representations, understandings and negotiations, whether written or oral, among the Released Parties and myself with respect to such subject matter. No amendment, supplement or modification to this Agreement shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
15. If any provision in this Agreement is found to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such provision shall be excluded from this Agreement, the remainder of which shall continue to be valid, lawful and enforceable in all other respects to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any controversy arising under this Agreement shall be adjudicated before a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in Los Angeles County, California. By the execution and delivery of this Agreement, each party: (i) accepts, generally and unconditionally, to the exclusive jurisdiction of such court and any related appellate court; and (ii) irrevocably waives any objection it may now or hereafter have as to the venue of any such suit, action or proceeding brought in such a court or that such court is an inconvenient forum.
17. I represent and warrant that neither I nor my executors, administrators, agents, representatives, spouse, children, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns shall make or institute any lawfuit or claim any liability, in law or in eqirty, against any of the Released Parties with respect to any of the Hazards or my participation in the Competition.
By entering this contest, you signify that you accept these terms and conditions in their entirety.