Craig’s eBook: Turbulence Training
As a dedicated bodybuilder, you do exactly what the experts say. You cutcalories and you exercise. You’ve made your “calories out” greater than your”calories in”. So you should be losing body fat and building more muscle, right?
But if you aren’t losing body fat, perhaps you’re still not paying attention toan often forgotten factor of weight and fat loss – your metabolism.
Did you know that the food, exercise, and lifestyle choices you make everyday have a significant impact on your metabolism?
For example, if you starve yourself instead of following a sensible fat-losseating plan your metabolism will slow down. When your metabolism slows, yourcalories out will be less. And that means you will gain fat instead of losingit.
So for every day that you continue to slow your metabolism with unhealthylifestyle choices, you get further and further away from your fat loss goals.Here’s how you can maximize your metabolism quickly and easily.
Here Are My Top 10 Bodybuilding Tips to Help You Maximize Metabolism, LoseYour Unwanted Weight & Finally Build More Muscle the Right Way:
1. Don’t starve yourself. Cutting calories too much is one of the worstthings you can do to your body. Starving yourself actually causes you to losemuch more water weight and muscle than fat.
2. Eat 6-8 small meals per day with an emphasis on lean proteins, fruits, andvegetables. To lose fat and unwanted weight effective you must have anutrition plan. So spend a couple hours on a day off preparing as much food asyou can for the upcoming week.
3. Eat breakfast. You should make this meal part of your dailymetabolism-boosting plan. At the very least, eat a lean protein, drink GreenTea, and consume a fiber-rich fruit to get your fat loss day started right.
4. Eat healthy fats. Sources of healthy fats included nuts, fish, oliveoil, and flax oil. Replace processed carbohydrates in your diet with almonds.For example, if you currently eat a small bag of pretzels as a mid-afternoonsnack, eat almonds instead.
5. Eat high quality foods that will help you control your blood sugar,insulin, and energy levels. This will help you lose fat and prevent you fromgaining unwanted weight.
6. Eat up to 1g of protein per pound bodyweight to a maximum of 150 gramsper day for a woman or 200 grams per day for a man.
7. Don’t drink alcohol. Alcohol prevents fat burning and will quickly addhundreds of calories. Alcohol intake can also reduce testosterone levels, a bigno-no for men looking to get lean.
8. Drink Green Tea and water. This will prevent your metabolism fromslowing down. Not too mention, these are your 2 healthiest beverage options.
9. Stick to a consistent sleep schedule. If possible, avoid workingafternoon and overnight shifts. And, don’t stay up late watching television.
10. Use the Turbulence Training strength and interval workout principles forthe most efficient and effective metabolism-boosting workout. This meansstrength training with free weights and bodyweight exercises and performingshorter interval training workouts rather than long, slow boring cardio.
Bonus Bodybuilding & Fat Loss Tip:
Recently I have been experimenting with my clients adding an additionalmini-workout to our regular Turbulence Training fat loss program. By completinga bodyweight circuit (10-20 minutes per day), we’ve discovered that we boost ourmetabolism again and increase our fat loss results.
So if you do your regular bodybuilding workout in the morning, add a bodyweightcircuit after dinner. On the other hand, if you workout in the afternoon, do abodyweight circuit first thing in the morning.
If your metabolism has slowed down due to improper dieting or lifestyle, thenthe Turbulence Training Lifestyle will help you get back on track to lose fatand gain more muscle. Once you correct your metabolism, you will be on the roadto losing fat for good.
* This article is exclusive to IronMagazine.com, reproduction in any form without prior consent is strictly prohibited.
As Creator of the Revolutionary Turbulence Training System, Craig Ballantyne has helped millions of body builders worldwide lose fat while gaining muscle at the same time with a proper diet and just 3 short but intense workouts a week. For a FREE, Immediate Controversial Fat Loss Report and FREE Turbulence Training Newsletter containing tips to help you maximize metabolism, build muscle and gain workout success go to