Note: These tips are for people who are never going to use a meal plan or count calories and simply want to wing their muscle building nutrition. However, for some beginners, this strategy can and does work for a period of time.The strategies below will absolutely help you build muscle mass but it’s a shot gun approach. This means that if you gain too much fat after incorporating some of my methods below, it’ll be hard to determine where you went overboard.
For the best results, maintain a food diary that will turn into a road map so if in two weeks you are gaining more fat, look back on your daily intake and see where you made a wrong turn. Or if you make the best muscle building gains of your life you can look back and find out how to duplicate your success again in the future.
If you’re not tracking anything than you’re you’re essentially trying to make money without viewing your bank statements. You really have no idea how much is going out or coming it and at the end of the month if you saved any money – consider yourself lucky.
Again, the methods below are for guys who want to gain weight fast and not overly concerned with gaining some fat. The tips below are not a scientific or strategic approach to building muscle but you may find a few “saviors” below that help you keep the scale rising upward and keep you on the track to fast mass.
With that word of caution, enjoy the non conventional bulk up nutrition tips below and let me know which one you’re going to try.
* Don’t overeat for longer than two-weeks at a time unless a) You want to turn into a fat lardo or b) You are 5-10% body fat and extremely on the thin side.
* During your bulking periods, hitting your goal calories for 3 or 4 days out of the week is not going to cut it. You need toconsistently overeat during your two-week mini bulk up cycles as taught in 21-Day Fast Mass Building. Anybody can overeat for three or four days at a time – keeping this up for up to two weeks is your first goal before reassessing your physique.
* You need to pack more calories per bite. Think about ways to add more calories to the foods you’re eating. Consider pouring olive oil all over your eggs. Eat a 1/2 cup of mixed nuts while you’re waiting for your food to cook. Make sure your nuts are salted so you’ll eat more. Stick two slices of bread in your mouth instead of just one. Starting adding an avocado with each meal. Be creative and look for solutions and they’ll appear to you.
* Stop eating “diet foods.” Instead of chicken, eat beef. Instead of tuna and white fish, eat salmon. Instead of egg whites, eat whole eggs. Instead of fruit in your weight gainer, add oatmeal. “Diet foods” will not bulk you up unless your full time job is eating.
* Start incorporating pre workout and workout and post workout drinks into your game plan. Drink simple carbs like Gatorade (although this contains high-fructose corn syrup so don’t go crazy with it) during your workouts and after. Start eating handfuls of raisins, rice cakes and white bagels post workout to spike your insulin and move your
* Have ONE freebie meal a day. If you know you’re going to have it then you’ll be more compliant with following the rest of your clean bulking meals. Go out for dinner with your wife. Eat a meal with your buddies. Eat whatever you want. You’re bulking so don’t freak out. If you’re only bulking two-weeks at a time before reassessing your physique, minimal damage will occur and it’ll keep your daily meal plan exciting and rewarding. Just be sure to not screw up the rest of your meals that day. ONE freebie meal a day, not two or three.
* After every meal, slam back 1 scoop of Iso-Smooth protein powder. Often times you always have room for a little bit more and saving that extra room for protein and water should be simple enough. If you did this three times a day then you’ll get an extra 300-400 calories a day coming from good quality protein.
* Always have a box of protein bars in your cupboards or in your car. Although, protein bars have many shortcoming in terms of health, they are “tier-2? options to prevent missing your meals and calories. VPX’s Zero Impact bars are an excellent high protein meal with lots of natural carbs and fats inside them. These are the same ones I eat.
* Start cooking hard boiled eggs. It takes about 12 minutes to cook a dozen of them each morning and easily portable. You get about 72 grams of protein for only three to four dollars unless you’re buying organic eggs. Not a bad deal for easy muscle.
* Always keep a bag of mixed nuts and sunflower seeds on hand. Adding some M&M’s to the mix can add some really easy calories. Fill them up in 1/2 or 1 cup amounts and you’ll gain weight for sure.
* Eat this one hour after you workout: 2 large bananas. 1 cup of Vector cereal. 1 container of cottage cheese. Deadly post workout mass building meal. Easy to consume too.
* Do your best to consume greens with each meal to improve digestion and absorption to ensure your nutrients end up bulking up your muscles and not your waistline. Do I have to tell you to drink 4 liters of water a day? Come on, that’s bodybuilding 101 stuff.
Now, if you’re an advanced bodybuilder you know that you wouldn’t even consider some of these strategies above. This info is a “lazy man’s” nutrition guide to building muscle.
Notice that I didn’t give you an excuse to eat crap at McDonald’s or any fast food dump? t’s not necessary if you utilize the tips above, drop your cardio to no more than three sessions a week and lift intensely.
I’ll caution you again – don’t throw the entire kitchen sink at your body (i.e. don’t implement all the strategies above at once) or else you’ll have a major problem with digestion and absorption and spend the rest of your day in the bathroom.
And most importantly, to pack on muscle you’re going to need to eat somewhere around 17-20 x your bodyweight in calories. There’s no getting around that. Okay, let me know which tip you’re going to incorporate IF you’re not following a specific meal plan.
Vince DelMonte is the author of No Nonsense Muscle Building: Skinny Guy Secrets To Insane Muscle Gain found at www.VinceDelMonteFitness.comHe specializes in teaching skinny guys how to build muscle and gain weight quickly without drugs, supplements and training less than before.
About the Author:
Vince DelMonte is the author of No Nonsense Muscle Building: Skinny Guy Secrets To Insane Muscle Gain foundat VinceDelMonteFitness.comHe specializes in teaching skinny guys how to build muscle and gain weight quickly without drugs, supplements and training less than before. A world famous fitness coach and author, Vince DelMonte is known as the top “Skinny Guy” expert and has helped more skinny guys and girls defeat their muscle unfriendly genes without drugs and supplements.Vince is a national competing fitness model champion, the most sought out fitness coach in his area, a regular contributor to Men’s Fitness magazine and the author of the world’s top muscle building course for hardgainers, No Nonsense Muscle Building. You can get more information at VinceDelMonteFitness.com